Practical Nursing prepares adult students for an exciting career as a practical nurse, lab assistant, pharmacy assistant, geriatric aide, or many health-related careers.
In this program, students learn practical nursing skills through classroom theory and clinical application. Knowledge and skills learned in the classroom are applied in clinical settings such as hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, and long-term care facilities. Observational rotations are completed in physician offices, hospice and home health care settings. Graduates of the program are eligible to sit for the National Council of State Boards Licensing Exam to become a Licensed Practical Nurse. The program is approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing and accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
- Medical Assistant
- Certified Nurse Assistant
- Certified Home Health Aide
- Certified Medication Aide
- Practical Nurse
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
Helpful Attributes & Abilities
- Suggested grade levels before entering pro- gram: Math – 10.5, Reading – 11.0
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Positive attitude
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Clinical Nursing I
- Clinical Nursing II
- Clinical Nursing III
- Clinical Nursing IV
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- Introduction into Nursing
- Long Term Care
- Maternal Newborn Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing I
- Medical Surgical Nursing II
- Medical Terminology
- Mental Health Nursing
- Pediatric Nursing
- Pharmacology and Intravenous (IV) Therapy Skills
- Transition to Practice Theory
Practical Nursing Diploma (Adult) – 1465 hours
Fall & Spring Enrollment — 11 months, Monday through Friday classes. Full day scheduling.
Who Can Enroll
How To Enroll
Contact Lauren Walls, Enrollment Specialist, at 918.331.3291 or email@example.com.
Student Achievement Data*
- Pass Rate on National Council Licensure Exam for Nurses (NCLEX)**: 87.50%
- Students Completing the Program: 96.97%
- Related Job Placement = 93.02%
- Average Wage of Graduate = $15.70
*Data are for students that completed the program during the 2015-2016 academic year.
**Jan.-Dec. 2016 cohort.