The primary purpose of the Financial Aid Program at Tri County Technology Center is to provide assistance for financially disadvantaged students who, without such aid, would be unable to further their education. Assistance consists of grants, scholarships, and employment. An individual might participate in one resource, or more than one resource, depending upon eligibility and need.
The family of a student is expected to make a maximum effort to assist the student with educational expenses. Financial assistance from Tri County and other sources are only viewed as supplementary to their efforts.
When there are more qualified applicants than available funds, students who receive financial assistance will be selected on the basis of their need. The total amount of financial assistance offered a student by Tri County and all other sources shall not exceed the amount of demonstrated need.
Tri County’s full-time programs and our EMT program are approved for Veteran’s Benefits including:
- Chapter 33 (Post 9/11 GI Bill)
- Chapter 35 (Dependent Benefits)
- Chapter 34 (VA Rehabilitation)
- Chapter 1606 (National Guard)
- Chapter 1607 (National Guard)
For information regarding your possible eligibility for any of these programs, you should contact the Veteran’s administration at 1-888-GI BILL (1-888-442-4551).
Tri County does NOT accept the National Guard Tuition Waiver
Tri County also works with many sponsoring agencies such as:
- WIA (Workforce in Action)
- DRS (Department of Rehabilitative Services)
- Several Native American Tribal agencies
- Department of Human Services
To find out if you are eligible for any of the above programs, you will need to contact their offices directly.
Numerous scholarships are also available throughout the year. Some are institutional while others are from outside sources. Tri County generally awards the following scholarships on a yearly basis:
- Otha Grimes Memorial Scholarship (awarded by the Oklahoma State Department of CareerTech Foundation)
- Lucile Dunlap Memorial Scholarship (awarded by the Washington County Family & Community Education Group and limited to single parents who reside in Washington County)
- P.E.O. (restricted to Practical Nursing students only)
This is only a beginning list of the scholarships and grants we award. Some are restricted to specific programs or groups. For additional information, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 918.331.3263 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to top