This course gives students the training required to become an Armed Security Guard and/or Armed Private Investigator. Students will become familiar with the care, handling, and firing of revolvers or semi-automatic handguns. Training will include 16 hours of classroom learning and 16 hours of on-range instruction and qualifying exercises. Successful completers will have 100% attendance, score 85% or better on written tests, pass all CLEET qualifications on-range, and pass the CLEET Phase IV testing to be eligible for submitting an application for licensing. You will be required to supply all personal protective equipment, weapon, belt, holster, three magazines, and 400-450 rounds of NEW ammunition.
Please do not bring your firearm onto the Tri County Tech campus at any time.
- Basic Guard Phase I & II or Phase I & III
- MMPI Psychological Test
- Call Lauren Walls for more information at 918.331.3291.
- Armed Security Guard
- Armed Private Investigator
- Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training (CLEET), Armed Security Guard
- Revolver Nomenclature and Maintenance
- Inspecting Revolvers and Holsters
- Fundamentals of Revolver Shooting
- Legal Issues and Deadly Force
- Range Procedures and Tower Commands
- Revolver Qualification
Program Length, Dates, & Cost
32 hours (plus 10 hours Review/Exam/Makeup)
- 2 Saturdays off campus firing range (8:00am-5:00pm): To Be Announced
How To Enroll
Click here to enroll online. Please call 918-331-3333 with questions.
Contact Lauren Walls, Enrollment Specialist, at 918.331.3291 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to top