EAST is an exciting 21st century learning environment which includes teamwork, collaboration, community projects, and self-directed learning. It’s not a traditional class; the ultimate goal is to solve real problems in the community. Learn by watching YouTube videos, doing tutorials, and using forums – not textbooks or lectures. You choose what you learn. Choices include: digital video recording, effects and editing; computer coding, development, game design, 3D modeling, printing, animation and computer graphics, audio composition and editing, computer-aided drafting and design, webpage design, computer and mobile app development, photo editing, photogrammetry, geographical information systems, and global positioning systems.
Benefits to Students
Student become Project Managers; the real growth of an EAST student is measured not by their technical expertise but by their ability to
- adapt to a changing world of work,
- interact with business professionals and community leaders,
- maintain schedules and deadlines,
- be resourceful,
- plan, manipulate, implement, change, and execute projects,
- deliver professional presentations, and
- make a positive impact on their community.
It is possible for students to personally achieve a significant mastery of a chosen technology and find immediate employment. However, the goal of the EAST program is to provide extensive career exploration, project management skills, and the self-motivation which will assure success in college.
BPA – Business Professionals of America
EAST – Environmental and Spatial Technology Diploma (HS only) – 960 hours
Helpful Attributes & Abilities
- Good work ethic with positive attitude
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work in teams as well as individually
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Monday through Friday classes
Who Can Enroll
High school juniors or seniors
How To Enroll
High school students contact Cheyenne Stevens, Marketing Specialist, at 918.331.3320 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to top