High School Admissions
Tri County Tech is proud to offer 16 full-time programs to high school juniors & seniors (with the exception of Medicine & Biosciences and Pre-Engineering, which allows sophomore enrollment)
- Programs are free to high school students. There is no tuition cost, however some programs may have a minimal supply cost
- Once students complete their program at Tri County Tech, they will be ready to enter the workforce or go on to college to further their education
- Classes are Monday – Friday
- Morning Students attend TCT 8:30-11:00 am then go back to their high school for afternoon classes
- Afternoon Students attend their regular high school classes in the morning then come to TCT 12:00-2:30pm
- Buses are provided for transportation. If a student chooses to not ride the bus, they do have the option to drive themselves
- Tri County Tech enrollment takes place during February and March at each high school
TCT looks at FIVE things when scoring applications:
1. Test Scores-Preferably PreACT 4. Written Interview Questions
2. Grade Point Average 5. Interest Inventory
Students must score at least 50% of the possible points to be considered for enrollment at Tri County Tech
Step 1 | Testing*
Take the ACCUPLACER test (or provide ACCUPLACER scores from last two years) or submit ACT scores. (ACT scores may be substituted if taken within two years of program start date.)
Testing in Bartlesville is done every Tuesday and Thursday on a walk-in basis starting at 8 a.m. No tests will begin after 2 p.m.
Testing in Pawhuska at the Pawhuska Business Development Center is available from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on the first Monday of the month except for holidays.
*The ACCUPLACER test fee is $20 for adults and $10 for high school students, which is payable at time of testing (cash, money order, check MasterCard, or VISA). Adult students will meet with an enrollment advisor immediately following the testing session.
Step 2 | Admission Application
On the day of the ACCUPLACER test, students will be required to complete an application for admission. Within the application, the student will complete a list of interview questions. The interview questions will be scored and given a point value.
Step 3 | Document Submission
Following the testing deadline, candidates will be asked to submit:
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts for either a high school diploma or G.E.D.
These items will be reviewed and given a score. Your enrollment advisor will notify you of deadlines to submit these documents. Other documentation may be required.
Points will be assigned and totaled for test scores, application interview questions, and material submission. Those with the highest total points will be selected for available openings in the program of choice.
Selection for a full-time, day program at Tri County Tech depends on available openings, completion of the items on the admissions checklist, meeting all deadlines, and receiving satisfactory ACCUPLACER / ACT scores.
Recruitment & Marketing Specialist
Ask your counselor about Tri County Tech programs today!
Business Development Specialist