TCT & OKWU Partnership
Oklahoma Wesleyan University and Tri County Tech are both committed to providing high-quality educational programs to their respective constituencies. Because they have different but complementary missions, Oklahoma Wesleyan University and Tri County Tech are well suited to establish a partnership for the benefit of the students they serve.
Oklahoma Wesleyan University and Tri County Tech agree to work together as active educational partners in providing educational opportunities for currently enrolled and potential students. Both institutions commit themselves to making the transition between the two institutions as seamless as possible. This agreement provides a framework within which articulation on all levels can be supported and developed. In particular, this agreement will facilitate a student’s ability to transfer from Tri County Tech upon graduation to Oklahoma Wesleyan University with maximum ease and without jeopardizing the intended mission and stated goals of either institution. The administrators of Oklahoma Wesleyan University and Tri County Tech are authorized to prepare and implement plans of actions and procedures necessary to affect this agreement. Both institutions agree to inform the other of curricular and policy changes on an annual basis so the articulation agreement can remain current.
Graduates of the following current Tri County Tech diploma option programs* or of previous diploma option programs that are no longer offered can apply up to 30 credit hours as a block of general elective credit toward the Adult and Graduate Studies Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) in Technical Programs degree OR up to 30 credit hours as a block general elective credit towards any AGS Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree requirements at Oklahoma Wesleyan University. OKWU will only apply credits needed for the degree the student is seeking.
Full Time Programs
- Applied Welding Technology
- Automotive Collision Repair Technology
- Automotive Service Technology
- Creative Marketing Communications
- Students who complete the Creative Marketing Communications program at TCT will be allowed to transfer in up to six (6) credit hours towards OKWU’s Chesapeake Energy School of Business Marketing, Sports Marketing, Sports Management, Business Administration, or Organizational Management degree programs. TCT courses eligible for automatic transfer include MKT 3017 for MKTG 3713 Principles of Marketing or BUSI 3413 Marketing Principles and MKT 3018 for MKTG 3413 Business Research Methods.
- Culinary Arts
- Computer Repair and Networking
- Construction Technology
- Early Care and Education
- Education Accelerated by Service and Technology (EAST)
- Medicine and Biosciences
- Practical Nursing
- Students who complete the Practical Nursing program at TCT and have their LPN may apply to the LPN-BSN Advance degree program at OKWU. Students accepted into this program will receive 20 credits of advanced standing in nursing and have the option of challenging NURS 3814 Mental Health Nursing, NURS 3823 Nursing Care of the Childbearing Family, and NURS 3923 Nursing Care of the Childrearing Family for 10 additional hours of credit. Anatomy & Physiology taken in the Practical Nursing program at TCT with a grade of B or higher can be transferred to OKWU for BIOL 2114 Human Anatomy. For degrees other than Nursing, students can receive up to 20 hours of general elective credit for completion of the Practical Nursing program.
- Pre Engineering
- Pre Nursing
- Precision Machining Operations
- Teacher Prep Program
In addition to the above diploma option technical programs, this agreement will also offer up to 15 credit hours for graduates from the following Tri County Tech Flex Programs:
- Applied Welding Techniques
- CompTIA A+ Certification Prep
- CompTIA Network+ Certification Prep
- CompTIA Security+ Certification Prep
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Medical Office Coding
- Medical Office Specialist
- Precision Machining Operations
Points of Clarification & Consideration
The acceptance of credit from Tri County Tech to Oklahoma Wesleyan University is determinate upon the evaluation and approval of official transcripts by the Registrar at Oklahoma Wesleyan University. It is not time-sensitive. This articulation agreement is built with traditional and non-traditional learners in mind.
This agreement is subject to the following institutional policies:
- No more than 30 credits may be applied toward an associate or bachelor’s degree.
- Only credits needed for the degree will be transcribed.
- The block of credit will not be posted to the Oklahoma Wesleyan University transcript until the student has completed at least 12 credit hours of coursework at Oklahoma Wesleyan University.
- Students are subject to the acceptance and academic policies of the Oklahoma Wesleyan University catalog.
To review the full articulation agreement, view here:
Oklahoma Wesleyan University can answer any questions you may have.
Visit their website or give them a call at 800.468.6292.