The primary purpose of the financial assistance program at Tri County Tech is to provide assistance for financially disadvantaged students who, without such assistance, would be unable to further their education. Assistance consists of grants, scholarships, and employment. An individual might participate in one or more resources, depending upon eligibility and need.
The family of a student is expected to make a maximum effort to assist the student with educational expenses. Financial assistance from Tri County Tech and other sources are only viewed as supplementary to their efforts.
The total amount of financial assistance offered to a student by Tri County Tech and all other sources shall not exceed the amount of demonstrated need.
Financial assistance is available through the Tri County Tech Foundation for Full-Time & Flex classes, as well as some Fast Track Classes. After you are accepted into a program, you will receive a financial assistance application. The form must be filled out and turned in with the most recent two (2) months of pay stubs for every working member of your household.
If you have any questions regarding financial assistance, please call our Student Financial Specialist at 918.331.3261.
We do not accept funds from FAFSA or PELL.
Tri County Tech also works with many sponsoring agencies such as:
- WIA (Workforce in Action)
- DRS (Department of Rehabilitative Services)
- Native American Tribal Agencies
- Department of Human Services
To find out if you are eligible for any of the above programs, you will need to contact these offices directly.
Numerous scholarships are also available throughout the year. Some are institutional while others are from outside sources. Tri County Tech generally awards the following scholarships on a yearly basis:
- Otha Grimes Memorial Scholarship (awarded by the Oklahoma State Department of CareerTech Foundation)
- Lucile Dunlap Memorial Scholarship (awarded by the Washington County Family & Community Education Group and limited to single parents who reside in Washington County)
- P.E.O. (restricted to Practical Nursing students only)